The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had kuhli loaches with smooth natural gravel substrate, but now that I have been changing my substrate to Eco-Complete planted substrate, I am thinking maybe Kuhli loaches would not fair well with this stuff much like dwarf cordydoras. Will their barbels wear off sifting in this stuff or will they be fine?

Opinions are great but experiences are even better! Thank you TPT!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have had kuhli loaches with smooth natural gravel substrate, but now that I have been changing my substrate to Eco-Complete planted substrate, I am thinking maybe Kuhli loaches would not fair well with this stuff much like dwarf cordydoras. Will their barbels wear off sifting in this stuff or will they be fine?

Opinions are great but experiences are even better! Thank you TPT!
no problemo... i have one big fat kuhli loach happy happy joy joy on black eco-complete :)

- thefisherman

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
The do fine on Eco-Complete in my experience. My brown/black kuhlis love foraging through it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've had kuhli's, as well as botia's, on Eco for over 8 years, no problemo, as thefisherman so eloquently put it.;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! Thank you so much! Sounds like Kuhlis will be on the list of fish for the tank! I was going to return the few I have left from my original school, but my kids have "out-voted me". HaHa!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts