The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, my old tank entitled pride cracked a few weeks ago, which ultimately prompted me to buy a new tank. I've always wanted an ADA nano tank, but the price never agreed with me. So, shopping around my lfs, I found a high clarity, 5.4 gallon nano made my Aquatop I believe that actually has the exact dimensions of an ADA mini-M! For only 30$ too. Pretty sweet deal imo.

Finished Picture:

Here's how it looked like going through the scaping process:

And I finally ended up with this:

My phone quality isn't that great, so a lot of details are missing in the photo.

I'll be running CO2, but I haven't really found a light that works well enough. I'm currently using a 24" 1x t5ho fixture, but I don't plan on using it for the tank's whole duration.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Because of the arch, the lack of light was a concern to me, so I ended up adding more stone and sand under the arch to avoid low light plants, as well as to add to the aesthetic. Looks like this so far. Still going with the dsm, though the impatience is tempting me to just fill it already. Also, new phone, so a bit better phone quality. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all. It's been a few months and I've decided to tear down the tank.

This tank was mostly used as a shrimp breeding trial tank and ended up being pretty decent looking as well! Shrimp breeding was a success and I learned much. No Co2 in this tank, barely any maintenance. Looking forward to my next project soon. :thumbsup:

Here's the finished product:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks really good, funny how it turned out this well, eventhough you stopped focusing on the scape. The Buces accenting the base of the rock really adds a lot IMO.
You keeping this batch of shrimp or are you going to move on to a new type?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already posted a sale page for the shrimp haha. Maybe I'll keep 5-6 of the best, or maybe just move onto a PRL tank, who knows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.