The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an "Elite mini submersible" heater. I was under the assumption that submersible meant I could place the heater anywhere, below the water line. But then on the heater there is a "max. water line" at the top. The construction looks like it would be able to go below the water line though. Anybody know what the deal is?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Actually, it does say not to submerge past the line. I've owned hagen submersible heaters before and know that it will not say anywhere on the packaging that it is submersible. I remember the instructions saying not to.
I had to ask the owner of my lfs about it and he told me that he thinks it's just a canadian thing. The same hagen/elite/fluval models sold in the US would likely have differnt instructions indicating that it is submersible

·
Registered
25 Posts
Most heaters (Ebo Jagers, etc) are fully submersible. Sometimes you get the language not to submerse it beyond this line, which unless its one of those hang on the edge kind its more or less perfectly safe too. Its a "don't sue us"/UL/country thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.