The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a mini tree(like a bonsai tree) that can grow fully submersed? I think it'd be an awesome part of an aquascape to have an actual tree in there(like a tree beside a creek).

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
A small manzanita tree with Riccia or moss will work.
A thick stump like wood+Bolbitus also would give a similar feel.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I used to have a plastic bonsai decoration. Looked just like one. No you don't want it? Well that's the only thing :-D. Does bamboo count? Bamboo is partially submergible.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You can take some branchy driftwood sticks and tie moss on the ends. That will give you a bonsai look.

-Charlie

Yes, I was going to say this earlier! I was going to say, you're going to have to DIY your underwater tree, because an underwater bonsai doesn't exist.
Maybe silicone (brown) some Manzanita branches together and then attach moss onto it. I am sure this has been done before..... it is totally possible and I am positive you can achieve the look you are going for, by doing this. Go for it!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
yea, it even has a house

i like the downslope in the front the best, looks like a real picture of china or taiwan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for all the replies! I love the tree that's at the Aquaticplantcentral.com site, but I think I like the one James from Cali posted the best. I just made my first moss wall for my 3gal, so I should probably see how that turns out before I go attempting a tree:hihi: . Does anyone have a "tree" in their tank? Or maybe a "forest" of "pine trees" like in the one James posted?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts