The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Hi Teebo,

There are a couple that come to mind. I think my first choice might be Micranthemum tweediei (previously Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo') with the smaller sized leaf and less distance between nodes. My second choice would be Ranunculus inundatus, with its larger leaf and stem and typically a greater distance between nodes.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pothos will die if foliage is submerged.

Hmm Im not feeling the Micranthemum tweediei it is too small, and the Ranunculus inundatus looks like water sprite, I was never a fan of it. Something with larger leafs and some space between them. I have seen what I want many times I will have to save and upload a picture of it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought Pennywort grows from a central point and not a vine?

Hydrocotyle tripartita sp. Japan looks like what I am after! Does it require CO2?

Cardamine Lyrata is a great suggestion too! Looking back at my tank and keeping the small size in mind Hydrocotyle seems like the better choice if no CO2 is required. Pennywort seems to grow like a Lily from a central point.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Pothos will die if foliage is submerged.

Hmm Im not feeling the Micranthemum tweediei it is too small, and the Ranunculus inundatus looks like water sprite, I was never a fan of it. Something with larger leafs and some space between them. I have seen what I want many times I will have to save and upload a picture of it.
Pothos will not die submerged, you can plant it straight in the substrate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.