The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we just did something that I HATE- when people buy a critter without doing their research first. My daughter fell in love with a Dario Dario and now we find out they only eat live food!

I don't have much experience beyond brine shrimp and they are more work than she is willing to do. I know Daphnia can just hang out in the tank until they get eaten- is there a place to buy live daphnia? Anybody here sell them? Any other suggestions for REALLY EASY small live food?

Once her RCS start breeding hopefully this guy will keep them in check, at any rate, heh heh...

Right now I'm trying to find little critters in the ponds but I don't know what they are and I'm kind of nervous about introducing the wrong guy into the tank.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
You can hit up aqua bid and purchase a large amount of daphnia, I feed frozen daphnia you may want to see if you can find that locally, I believe some PetsMarts stock it.

Craig

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can hit up aqua bid and purchase a large amount of daphnia, I feed frozen daphnia you may want to see if you can find that locally, I believe some PetsMarts stock it.

Craig
He won't eat frozen... at least not frozen brine shrimp :( I'll check aquabid- thanks!

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Also there are alot of easy culture such as grindal, micro, banana worms and vinegar eels that are super easy to culture and feed.

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts