The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As my current setup is on standby due to moving I've been spending the time looking at new equipment including lighting.

I was previously running Chihiros A+, and while plant growth was great i was never a huge fan of the colours, it looked very bright and white but i missed thoose beautiful deep green tones.

And i also really wanted a bit of shimmer too. I've been looking into AI prime and kessil, which is the obvious choice. But both with drawbacks, and i Really want some kind of reflector/shade around the light as my aquarium was quite tall and hated being blinded by the lamp.

High demands? Yes very much!

Until i stumbled across professional studio lighting.

They range from 130-300 dollars. Which puts them in the same range as Kessil and AI.

One is cheap, one is tiny, and one is fanless.

My tank is 90cm wide. So most likely 2 will be needed to avoid too much spillage. But one should also be possible.

But look at the CRI rating! The are full spectrum sun! I am dying to know how they will look in a full planted aquarium

Anybody care to chime in?

Sendt fra min J9210 med Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,080 Posts
Well first off.. they are " programmed" for different functions.
Second, though they have good stats I'd want to see a spectrum. Same w/ Kessils btw.

At 50w and multiple colors the AI is the " puck" to beat.

"Cheap" test bulb so to speak .

Point is to not pay for things that don't fit unless you have multi uses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a link where they test the CRI and spectrum.

If you ask me it's very impressive.

I wouldn't call the lights programmed for different things. Though in the world of aquariums focus have mostly been on plant growth, and only in recent years on colours rendition.

Though in Photography colour rendition is everything.

But all lamps can be used for aquariums with different success. Ofcourse the godox colour cant be adjusted except for putting a filter in front.

Sendt fra min J9210 med Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.