The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, below is my spec. Please see picture of the dwarf sags, i am really stuck as to the cause and what to do next. Thanks!

Spec:
-14G biocube completely modded to use eheim classic canister filter
-38W T5 lighting 6700k
-eco-complete
-pressurized co2 at 1.5bubble/sec with greenleaf inline diffuser, dropchecker almost yellow
-Daily dosing of: 2ml tropica plant nutrition+, 1ml of flourish iron. Nitrate test indicates 20-40ppm (dark orange).

tropica plant nutrition+ breakdown (2nd column)

My dwarf sags :(

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
test your Kh and GH to see if its changing dramatically within days. i had nothing grew in Eco complete for me, i don't care what ever other say. my plants looked similar to your and then they would simply melt away.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some additional info:

1) this is not a new tank, the eco-complete has been in the tank for over a year, it works great (see my sig for the old tank before i rescaped)

2) the dwarf sags were planted about 3+ weeks ago, i only planted 1-2 plants, and it managed to grow and spread to a carpet but never looked healthy and now it is getting even worse. The tank setup dosing/params remained the same. The only change i did was lowering the light by removing the leg and putting it directly on the tank, but that was after the dwarf sags are already bad. Thinking maybe not enough light.

3) I really dont think it has anything to do with the way i planted, i grew dwarf sags in almost all my tanks and know how to plant them properly by pulling it up just the white is showing after planting.

Can anyone look at the picture and identify what type of deficiency?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess i will answer my own question. It's potassium deficiency. With everything else remain the same, i set my bubble magus to dose 2ml of potassium(seachem) daily. And the dwarf sag came back to live within 1 week. Healthy green and growing nicely now.

I guess the potassium in the tropica nutrient plus isnt sufficient. It also explains why i never had this problem in my old tanks, as I used individual seachem fertz instead of tropica's all-in-one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.