The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't get discouraged, Dave. I have been in the same boat as you before and let me tell you, there have been countless times when I have wanted to throw in the towel. Don't do it! This hobby has a steep learning curve in the beginning. Over time it gets significantly easier and much more enjoyable.

First, try to narrow down the probable cause(or causes) of your aquarium woes. It sounds like your CO2 is not where it should be. I would up the dosing. The trouble you are having with DHG and HC tips me off that it's a CO2 issue.
You have the ground cover flora planted in amazonia soil, so I am assuming adequate nutrients are available to the roots.
Back in the day when I used to grow tons of HC, whenever melting started to occur, CO2 was always the culprit.

Also, the distance of your light is pretty far from the bottom level of the aquarium. Don't expect explosive growth at that light level. Patience may need to be exercised when waiting to notice new recovery growth.

As far as ferts go, I am feeling a little lazy to do the calculations to see whether or not you are dosing enough. I use http://calc.petalphile.com/ to do my ferts calculations. It's very handy!

Hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.