The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Drop checkers can take several hours to change color.

Things to check:

1. Use the right solution
2 Position the checker where there is the most circulation
2. Check that you actually have co2 entering the tank
4. Double check for co2 leaks
5. Check that check valves are in the correct orientation

I have been in your situation too many times, I know how it feels but this is the time to take it slow and one step at the time.

The troubleshooting depends a lot on your specific set-up. Do give us more information / pictures of what you got: tank size, diffusion method, co2 pressure, check valves, do you see co2 bubbles, how many, drop checker type, etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It sounds like your not pumping enough.
What is your bps?
drop checkers take couple hrs to change. I can get em yellow in so little time.
Why do you want your checker green or yellow though? you haven't told us any specs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had this issue when I used a ceramic diffuser. Sometimes the CO2 bubbles are too big and dont dissolve in the water. I had to get a CO2 reactor to get the drop checker to change color. It also depends on your water. It is more difficult to dissolve CO2 in hard water.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
It is more difficult to dissolve CO2 in hard water.
What is this based on? I can't recall seeing anything that backs it up.

Hi i bought a Advance Plus Complete Aquarium CO2 System from co2 art my tank is 180l i thought the drop checker being green means its the right amount of co2 my bps must be about 2-3 a second i have the diffusser under the spray bar and the drop checker to the side of the tank https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdbsgb8ss8umkmf/DSC_0139.JPG?dl=0
Drop checkers are not accurate enough to tell us that we have the "right amount" of CO2 in the water. They just tell us that we have a significant amount of CO2 in the water - more than a few ppm, and they can suggest that we may have too much CO2 in the water. Once you get experienced with your tank and your CO2 system you don't need a drop checker at all. You can tell if you have the "right amount" of CO2 in the water by watching the inhabitants of the tank, both plants and fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.