The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been struggling to find a balance with my co2, fertilizer, and lights which is causing green spot algae to appear on the glass and plants on my established 75 gallon which has been running for years. I decided to start over.scrubbed the sides of the tank and replanted.

My equipment
Lights: finnex 24/7 on max setting & a ray 2
CO2: pressurized, using a reactor
Fertilizer: dosing thrive c once a week

I know im pumping enough co2 into the tank. Lights were on 6 hours a day. Right now, Ive dropped the lights to 4 hours a day. Is this a good starting point? What could I be doing wrong? Any advice would be appreciated as its frustrating to continue to be doing something thats causing an imbalance.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do all the boring stuffs first: Large % WC, Clean filters, Vacuum substrate, Double check CO2, pH, KH..... and other stuffs.
Getting surface skimmer and adding some surface agitation helps. Although you have to inject more Co2.

After that I recommend switching to DIY ferts. It doesn't cost that much and you can fiddle with each nutrients.
I think its better then buying every fert brand looking for the one that fits your tank.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
It doesn't look a though you have anything on your list that would require your lighting to be quite so high. I'd dial back to about 60% and see if that helps, give it a couple weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.