The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into possibly getting a Marineland stand, however, I've read a few reports that the stands don't actually support the rim of the tank all the way around, but only partially (ie: full left and right rim support and a foot or so in the middle front, not sure about the back). Is this correct? Could someone confirm or deny this for me?

Specifically I'm interested in the stand for the 75G tank (ie: 48" by 18") and either the Majesty, Monterey, or Newport (really like the Newport look).

Any details you can share are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I don't have a marineland, but I can tell you that my Aqueon stand only supported the sides and parts of the front. The length of the back was totally open. Looking at Petsmart a lot of the stands seem to be like that.

I didn't trust that and added my own support to the back. It's not fastened to the stand in any way, just an upright that barely fits when the tank is empty. As soon as I filled it with water the thing was immovable - like it is set in concrete. I wonder how many stock stand fail from lack of support?

my brace:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185809&highlight=

1 - 2 of 2 Posts