The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am having this visual issue with my 90p glass tank. When i view the front glass from an angle (top, left n right), i can see uniform horizontal end to end streaks on the glass. At first i though it was dirty glass, so i cleaned it (inside and outside) but the streaks remained. It looks more like glass clarity uniformity issue than dirty glass or hard water stains. it looks like clear glass separated by streaks of dull glass (like a horizontal barcode).
I tried to take pics but it won't show up on the photo.
Any fellow members have the same experience or idea what i am facing. Its driving me nuts. Its a brand new tank that has been running for 3 weeks now. I am very sure i did not see the streaking until 2 days ago.
Thanks in advance.

Managed to take a pic of some of the streaks. Hope its clear. Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you use a razor blade to clean inside of tank? Try one of those magic eraser cleaning pads. Just make sure to use the one that has no soaps in it. I had streakage like your describing. Magic eraser worked out nice. I don't use them all the time for fear of sand scratches. An old credit card is my trusty go to now. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kaskiles and mdeck. Did a 50% water change yesterday and took the opportunity to clean the glass with both razor and melamine sponge pad. Filled up the tank but the streaks are still there.... So definitely not any kind of slime/algae/dirt buildup for sure. And i am very sure its not reflection as well cos the streaks are also visible with the lights on.
Driving me crazy cos its a new setup....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts