The Planted Tank Forum banner

Strange sound from CO2 system

657 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  asif
I have recently setup a CO2 system, it is up and running but I am facing a rather strange issue.

I am getting a 'tink' sound every few minutes when the solenoid is on. The duration between the sounds are related to the bubble per second. So initially I was getting the sound every 2 minutes. Then once I reduced the bubble/second, I am now getting the sound every six minutes.

I have no idea where this sound would be coming from and whether it is a cause for concern. This is the first time I am using a CO2 system so I have no idea if this is normal.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Never had that issue. It may be related to the valve gate. It may not be open completely and as bubbles go past it it's probably making that sound. U will have to open it up to fix which again may not be a great idea. If u r getting a good uniform flow of bubbles without interruption u cud just ignore the sounds. Hope that was helpful.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.