The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so to my main concern. All my rummies have bright read heads, except for 1, but ill get there, however on the tops of their heads there is no red at all, my water parameters are fine. The tops of their head's are greyish green in color, i assume from their brain/organs. Anyone know if this is normal? i've had the tank for a solid 5 1/2-6 months now, i haven't brought in any new fish for about 3-4 weeks and i haven't had any deaths, that i know of, besides madey a cory but he went missing a good while ago, more than 5 weeks.

Now onto the abnormal looking one, he has very little red at all and a chest resembling that of a dog, broad and squared off, not the normal slender look of the other ones, he's been like this as long as i've had him, he acts normal, eats and schools with the others, just looks a bit different. i can try and get a picture but they swim so fast, it might be difficult. Now that i examine him more he seems a bit pineconed, nothing severe like dropsy but just like a fat fish who's eaten too much and expanded, he's still acting normal, and he ate, i cleaned the water yesterday, i always do a water quality test before hand, i got 0 ammonia 0 nitrates, and i forget the nitrites, normal levels that i get (Forgive me if i screw the two up, the one that needs to be 0 is, i ALWAYS confuse them)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top of my rummynose heads are grey as well. So thats good. As for the oddball, I am not sure what pineconed means but when I have bought fish that dont have as good genetics, there tends to be weak ones that die off after a long time, even months. But yours might be fine, I really don't know, sorry.
Thats fine, I honestly have no clue either, and pineconed is when's fish's scales stick out and make the fish look like a Pinecone, it's most commonly seen in dropsy. If it does die that won't really bother me, however I don think it's a weak gene or anything that would hinder its ability to survive, I personally think he looks pretty cool compared to the others

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.