The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THis morning i truned on the light o fmy tank, i started feeding my fish, whne my angelfish all of a sudden started acting really jumpy, he even started swimming into the side of the tank.... did i frighten the angelfish, or is it something more serious???:icon_sad:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sometimes when I move my arm too quickly my angelfish will dart and dash away so quickly it almost looks like a jump. I've had her two years and she'll come front and center to beg for food when she sees me, and even eat from my fingers. But, still, unexpected, fast movements will startle her and send her 'jumping'. So, yes, I think they can become jumpy/scared.

·
Registered
722 Posts
angels can be very jumpy.......and they move surprisingly quick .....
it sounds like you startled it...
mine do the same thing sometimes

·
Registered
34 Posts
I get the same thing too when they get startled - I worry they'll injure themselves one day. But if they're left alone for a few minutes they recover fine

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Fish normally get startled, especially if you just turn on the lights. It's usually best to just turn on the lights and wait a few minutes. Then approach the tank slowly. You will eventually know how fast you can move without startling our fish.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Angelfish and many other fish are sensitive to suden changes in light. It would be best if you first turned on the light in the room for a good half-hour before actually turning on the tank light.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts