The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a nice little 18W PC fixture, but it's straight pin. The only 18W bulbs I've been able to find are 50/50 10k/act. I've seen square pin 18w 6700k bulbs.

Are those four pins the same, just in a square?

Can I easily rewire the fixture to take square pin?

It's a JBJ fixture, if that matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you could get adapters or just get the right bulbs. I just picked some up last week from a guy on CL selling the PL bulbs. real cheap too. He has a good selection of color specrums and combos. I wound up with 2 7100K and a pair of 7100K/8000K 50/50 bulbs. actually I got 4 of the combos 2 55Wers and 2 13Wers. I like the color mixed with a high spectrum bulb. or with another 7K bulb.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I've got a nice little 18W PC fixture, but it's straight pin. The only 18W bulbs I've been able to find are 50/50 10k/act. I've seen square pin 18w 6700k bulbs...
Hi Spy

Aren't these adapters bass ackwards from what Bearded wants? His fixture uses straight pin bulbs and not square pin bulbs.

Product description: "This is a Fluorescent Light Bulb adapter. What it does is it takes a straight pin light bulb and converts it to a square pin, allowing you to plug in any straight pin bulb to a square pin fixture. Straight pin bulbs are generally cheaper the square pin so these will save you a lot of money in the long run."

Here's a square pin to straight pin light bulb converter [0000] $5.95
This is an adapter that plugs into a square pin light bulb and converts it to straight pin light bulb.
http://www.thehobbypalace.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=356

Here's an 18w straight pin 10,000K bulb: http://www.thehobbypalace.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=175

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.