The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which stores in CT have a good driftwood selection? The ones I've been to around the Hartford county area don't seem to have too much.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I haven't shopped around for it much but I have noticed that the All Pets Club in Branford usually has a decent selection of Malaysian driftwood. I can't speak for the other locations that are closer to Hartford county though. In Branford they have medium to large sized pieces hanging under tanks and a big basket filled with smaller pieces. I did notice a couple of the larger pieces being overpriced though.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nothing really down here (Mystic area). Stonington Feed usually a couple of pieces that are interesting.

·
Registered
436 Posts
best Ive seen is aquatic wildlife in manchester. beautifull peices, but priced like there gold plated. best bet is finding someone on here that will ship...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't shopped around for it much but I have noticed that the All Pets Club in Branford usually has a decent selection of Malaysian driftwood. I can't speak for the other locations that are closer to Hartford county though. In Branford they have medium to large sized pieces hanging under tanks and a big basket filled with smaller pieces. I did notice a couple of the larger pieces being overpriced though.
The one in Wallingford has an okay selection but nothing that catches my eye, it seems like most of the stores around my area are shafting freshwater more and more in favor of SW/Reef stuff :icon_sad:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Greenwich Aquaria is the best, but its a haul depending on where you live. I would go every weekend if it wasn't a two hour drive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greenwich Aquaria is the best, but its a haul depending on where you live. I would go every weekend if it wasn't a two hour drive.
How is it price wise? I go to Easton on occasion to pick up some orchids so maybe I'll pop in some time since I've heard nothing but good things, my go-to store is starting to go down hill and my favorite store went under a few years back so I'd be willing to go for a drive.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I've only been to shops in the Greater Hartford area, but the prices and selection at local retail shops are really not good at all. I would highly recommend getting one of the $45 packages from Tom Barr if you're going for the manzanita root/branch look. It's a much better deal IMO.

·
Registered
312 Posts
How is it price wise? I go to Easton on occasion to pick up some orchids so maybe I'll pop in some time since I've heard nothing but good things, my go-to store is starting to go down hill and my favorite store went under a few years back so I'd be willing to go for a drive.
I would say that it wasnt too bad. I got a nice branchie piece for my 7.5 cube for $25.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aquatic wildlife in manchester ct has amazing drift wood. malaysian, takashi amano style (really intricate with a lot of fingers) their selection is the best ive seen at a pet store period. you have to go when they just get it in because it does go fast.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Aquatic wildlife in manchester ct has amazing drift wood. malaysian, takashi amano style (really intricate with a lot of fingers) their selection is the best ive seen at a pet store period. you have to go when they just get it in because it does go fast.
Wow they must have updated their selection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts