The Planted Tank Forum banner

Stocking

768 5
I have a 29 gallon set up and ready to stock. It is currently housing a 3" bristlenose pleco. I want to add some rummy nose tetra and (eventually) a GBR. Only problem is that I dont know how many rummy nose to get.

I was thinking 6-8, what do you guys think?
Also, do you guys think this tank will be okay to house this bristlenose permanently?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'd get 10 of the tetras. You might lose one or two during the acclimation process, but try to keep at least 7-8 to have a nice school.
The bristlenose pleco should be fine in there. I have some L144 plecos that won't get over 3", so I would imagine that yours wouldn't get much bigger than that, if at all.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Bristlenose love to chew on wood, get a couple pieces for them to tear into. 10-12 of the tetras as others have said, for completeness I'd get somethng for the top swimmer part of the tank since the tetras will stay mostly middle/bottom area for the most part. Maybe some Danios of some colorful type(except giant, to big for this setup) 6 should be fine. Heavy filtration will work really great with all of them since they are all fast swimmers and can handle the jet stream effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.