The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post! I'm having trouble deciding on a stocking list for a tank I'll be getting around September.

So far I know that for my center piece fish I'm wanting a Dwarf Gourami. Just 1 male for now, though later on I might try getting 2 females.

For bottom level I was thinking a good school of kuhli loaches, maybe 8? I've heard they're very shy when in a smaller group and I really want to enjoy their goofy personalities. c:

Now, I have no idea what I want for the schooling fish. I do not want any live bearers, and preferably they should be small fish so I can have a nice sized group!

I plan on ordering almost everything from Alpha Pro Breeders, because I've heard some amazing things about them and I really love how their stocks look. Also, their plants seem great and this is going to be very heavily planted. c:
So! If the schooling fish could be from them that would be awesome, but it isn't a huge deal otherwise.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Welcome to TPT!

We aren't allowed vendor reviews on the forum, so afraid you'll just have to rely on Google for any of that type of info.

But your stocking plans sound really good so far.

If you want to stick with an Asian theme for stocking this tank, a school of Rasporas or Danios would be a great choice. You could stick with the more common species of Harlequin Rasporas or Zebra Danios, or go with some of the slightly less common species often available online.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.