The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as you saw in another Christmas Shopping thread my parents are actually buying me a new TANK! So, I have been planning the fauna and flora, so tell me what you think...

Fauna

- 10 CPDs
- 6 Otos
- Lots of RCS, CRS, Amano

Flora

- Anubias nana "Petite"
- UG
- HC
- HM
- Riccia
- Glosso or MM or both
- E tennelus
- Bacopa sp.

Thoughts? I want to try an iwagumi with a mixed foreground for a natural look that adds depth with leaf shape and hue.

Cheers,
Justin

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi. The idea sounds nice, but you will really have to watch carefully how many fish your tank can hold. I'd go with either the ottos or the CPDS, and maybe not both. I think your ideal tank would be best with the CPDS and the shrimp.

Don't forget about the background as well. Maybe some anubias would look really nice as a sparse background if you have more HC in the foreground. Are you planning on floating the Riccia or tying it down? Post pics when you can! And make sure to cycle it before adding the shrimp or the fish.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Hi. The idea sounds nice, but you will really have to watch carefully how many fish your tank can hold. I'd go with either the ottos or the CPDS, and maybe not both. I think your ideal tank would be best with the CPDS and the shrimp.

Don't forget about the background as well. Maybe some anubias would look really nice as a sparse background if you have more HC in the foreground. Are you planning on floating the Riccia or tying it down? Post pics when you can! And make sure to cycle it before adding the shrimp or the fish.
^disagree

you can do both species of fish, make sure you have adequate filtration and don't over feed... I have kept alot of fish in a 10g planted without an issue... (25 neon tetra and 12 oto cat)

as stated in other post PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE CYCLED... working in a pet store makes me worry about people adding fish too quickly... haha

·
Registered
380 Posts

I beg to differ. I have a ten gallon with:

* 4 otto cats
* 5 neon tetras
* 1 gold white cloud (long story)
* 5 jullii cories
* 2 CAE (getting rid of them as soon as I can find them without tearing the tank apart)
* 2 bamboo shrimp

If you have good circulation, good filtration, and a cycled tank, you should be fine...compatibility issues aside.

:proud:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Keep the 10 CPD's and only go with 3 Oto's. I think you should be good with the shirmp too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts