The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will be making an Iwagumi layout in an ADA 60-P. I would like to know if the fish I have would be okay and not overstocked.

Here are the specs:

ADA 60-P (17gallons)
Eheim 2213
Pressurized Co2
Inline Heater

Fish Plan # 1 (my preferred, I like corys)

14x Ember tetras (0.8 inch)
6x Dwarf corys (1 inch)
3x oto (2 inch)

Aquavisor shows that it is okay filtration capacity is 287% and 25% water changes.

Fish Plan # 2

20x Ember tetras (0.8 inch)
3x Oto (2 inch)

Aquavisor said it is okay filtration capacity 313% and 23% water change.

Sorry for all the info, I just thought I would lay it all out :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I will be making an Iwagumi layout in an ADA 60-P. I would like to know if the fish I have would be okay and not overstocked.

Here are the specs:

ADA 60-P (17gallons)
Eheim 2213
Pressurized Co2
Inline Heater

Fish Plan # 1 (my preferred, I like corys)

14x Ember tetras (0.8 inch)
6x Dwarf corys (1 inch)
3x oto (2 inch)

Aquavisor shows that it is okay filtration capacity is 287% and 25% water changes.

Fish Plan # 2

20x Ember tetras (0.8 inch)
3x Oto (2 inch)

Aquavisor said it is okay filtration capacity 313% and 23% water change.

Sorry for all the info, I just thought I would lay it all out :)
Thanks!
I like the first one better honestly... Except I would probably add a few more cories and take away a few tetra's
simply because I like them more... Also I would make them all odd numbers... because even numbers in tanks freak me out...

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Definitely go for odd numbers with schooling. I'm not sure if this is a myth or not but apparently even numbered school will have a tendency to split apart into two groups on their own.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd up the dwarf cories to 8-10. They're so small so you might not notice them otherwise.

Also, I'd get a 2215. I have a 2213 on my Mini-L (8.5 gallons) and I find the flow is perfect. On a 60P it might be slightly underpowered.

I thought about upgrading, but it says the filter is at 287%. I haven't used it yet so I might be able to sell for the same amount+free shipping. But I have seen other people 2213 on there 60-P.

One more question (sorry I didn't want to start a whole new thread for a question)

Would I be able to plumb a SunSun filter and the Eheim together with a T pipe so I could have the intake and intake be connected and the output and output could be connected, that way I would only need the one set of lily pipes. The flow would probably have to be the same otherwise one would be straining harder than the other.
Just and idea, that was probably confusing

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
I thought about upgrading, but it says the filter is at 287%. I haven't used it yet so I might be able to sell for the same amount+free shipping. But I have seen other people 2213 on there 60-P.

One more question (sorry I didn't want to start a whole new thread for a question)

Would I be able to plumb a SunSun filter and the Eheim together with a T pipe so I could have the intake and intake be connected and the output and output could be connected, that way I would only need the one set of lily pipes. The flow would probably have to be the same otherwise one would be straining harder than the other.
Just and idea, that was probably confusing

If you want to run two canisters, you won't need to use the T pipe. Daisy Chain them together. The out of one canister connected to the in of the next one. Then you can run both of them on or only one turned on.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Nerite snails are great algae eaters as well, and they are much easier to keep than otos in my opinion. I have three bumblebee nerites in my 60-P, they do a great job keep diatoms down. Also, I would get some cherry shrimp (pretty cheap if you purchase on this forum), they have been the KEY to keeping my tank clear of any algae besides some diatoms. The ember tetras do not touch my cherry shrimp, I however do have a very well planted tank, even so, the fish never prey on the shrimp at feeding time.

My stocking for my heavily planted 60-P:

8 ember tetras
8 golden pencilfish(4 small, 4 large)
7 cardinal tetras
8 celestial pearl danios
60+ cherry shrimp

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Forget the cories if you ever want groundcover and I'd consider skipping the ottos since they are virtually guaranteed to die. ;)
Oh good point. Dang it! I really like cores :(

Nerite snails are great algae eaters as well, and they are much easier to keep than otos in my opinion. I have three bumblebee nerites in my 60-P, they do a great job keep diatoms down. Also, I would get some cherry shrimp (pretty cheap if you purchase on this forum), they have been the KEY to keeping my tank clear of any algae besides some diatoms. The ember tetras do not touch my cherry shrimp, I however do have a very well planted tank, even so, the fish never prey on the cherry shrimp.
Nerites always try to climb out of my 10gal, but it has a hood. My water conditions are good but the are still out of the water more than in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.