The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :icon_mrgr

My 50 gallon is 48x12x19, and I've been planning a stock list for it. Here is what I was thinking:

1 pair german blue rams
16 neon tetras
2 scarlet badis
3 licorice gouramis
3 vaillanti chocolate gouramis
5 otos

What do you think? Is this too many fish? I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks,

Lara

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply :D

I have three licorice gouramis and one chocolate already, and they get along really well so far. The licorice gouramis are teenie tiny! Almost as small as sparkling gouramis.

They're actually really shy and are usually hiding among the plants. The licorice gouramis stay in the lower parts of the tank, and the chocolate is usually near the surface.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have only the best things to say about gouramis, I think they're great. They go with pretty much everything and are really colorful to boot. I don't think it will be a problem at all, esp. with these smaller varieties.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, everyone!

The chocolate gourami doesn't bully the others. The two species keep to themselves at different levels of the tank. The chocolate likes to be up high, in the top third of the tank, and the licorice gouramis rarely go up higher than the bottom third. I appreciate the concern though!

My 25G currently has no fish in it, so I can certainly move fish if something doesn't work out. The 25 will be my next project, once this tank gets going :icon_bigg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts