The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of setting up a 20L with CO2, ada amazonia II, lights, the whole works for high tech plant setup. I wanted to add some fish, just a few that are going to be happy in that environment. I'll try to stablize the pH around 6.4 and the water will be RO soft.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sawbra resplendens usually prefer alkaline waters. I was thinking a sparkling gourami pair, clown killis, and one pair of apistogramma. No schooling fish in this tank. I already have enough in three of the seven I currently have. And black neons are the main schooling fish in my 75 gal tank with rummynose tetras.

I more wanted a small pair type fish, not schools.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my 20 long that I just started planting, I'm thinking of something like:
8-10 small schooling barbs/rasbora/danio
5-7 Dwarf chain Loach
3-4 Dwarf puffer (starting with 6 hopefully I can weed out the nastier ones)

Or you could try a nice colony of Badis. I personally like to keep fish within the same geography when it comes to freshwater...

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Are you meaning 20 Liters, or 20Long?
Whenever I see "20L" I immediately look to see where the poster lives. If he or she is in the U.S., I know they are talking about a 20g long. But I agree, the "20L" thing can be confusing on boards where there aren't so many americans. I stopped referring to my own 20-long as a "20L" actually.

It's confusing!

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.