The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a HG and 6 Zebra Danio in a low tech planted tank. I was wondering if I wanted to restock my 10g what options would I have if I got rid of the Danios and went with some smaller fish, bottom feeders and mid to top fish along with the HG? I was considering the oto affinis for bottom feeders, probably 3-4? But don't know for mid to top swimming fish.. Would like some colorful fish as well.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I would go with smaller, somewhat less active fish than most Danios for a 10 gallon.
By HG, do you mean Honey Gourami?

You could stick with an Asian theme and go with CPD (Celestial Pearl Danios) or dwarf Rasboras (any of several species)
Or skip the Asian theme and look into any of a long list of small fish. Check their optimum parameters and make sure they are compatible.

Threadfin Rainbows
Ember Tetras
Pseudomugil (any of several species- they have different requirements)
Sparkling Gourami
Dwarf Cories (several species are commonly available)
Aspidoras (a small fish related to Cories, but not so common)
Some of the littlest Cats, there are several that like to hide under some driftwood and do not grow much over 1.5".

I would not get too complex with this small tank. Since you already have (I assume) a Honey Gourami, add a school of small fish that stay mid to lower and a few Otos. Do not get anything that wants to stay higher in the tank, that is the Gourami's territory.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, I'm talking about honey gourami. Yea I can tell they are too active for a 10g tank. If I did get some schooling fish what would work best with some oto affini fish? Considering I would probably get 3 of them. Just wouldn't know how much of a schooling fish I would need. Wouldn't want to over stock the tank.

Also where would be the best place to order them online?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts