The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to leave my tank unattended every other week for work and use a Eheim automatic feeder set for 6am and 6pm. When I come home, and before I leave I siphon the bottom of the tank of any waste. The tank is stocked with a blue guarami, eight Harliquin Rasboras,and a pleco.

Currently I only use Omega one freshwater flakes. I would like to feed the fish other things. I really like to keep the feeding consistant. What I want to know is if there is any thing else I could mix with the flake to help the gourami grow well. I have seen things like dried tubeflex worms and wondered if that would work with the flake. One concern I have is the food rotting in the feeder.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have to leave my tank unattended every other week for work and use a Eheim automatic feeder set for 6am and 6pm. When I come home, and before I leave I siphon the bottom of the tank of any waste. The tank is stocked with a blue guarami, eight Harliquin Rasboras,and a pleco.

Currently I only use Omega one freshwater flakes. I would like to feed the fish other things. I really like to keep the feeding consistant. What I want to know is if there is any thing else I could mix with the flake to help the gourami grow well. I have seen things like dried tubeflex worms and wondered if that would work with the flake. One concern I have is the food rotting in the feeder.

Thanks
Mark
Spectrum pellets.

I use them in my eheim feeder as well and swear that there are growth hormones in them. Case in point is my darn SAEs (who dont eat algae now, spoiled little brats). They are on average over 3-4 inches and are HUGE. they did well for the angels and rams also

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.