The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got my tank cycling now. Its a 75 gallon, I intend to stock slowly but this is what i would eventually like to have. I would greatly appreciate any advice as this is my second planted tank (the first was a 5 gallon betta tank, took only 4 months to decide I needed a bigger tank :icon_roll ) .

Stocking idea:
1. nerite snails - 7
2. rasboras brigattae - 10
3. Spotted blue eye (gertrude rainbowfish) - 10
4. sparkling gourami - 3
5. honey gourami - 5
6. german blue rams - 2

and possibly:
8. microdevario kubotai - 10
9. blue neocardania shrimp (i very much doubt this, but i have seen some tanks keep shrimp with fish successfully)

I have researched that these particular dwarf gouramis and dwarf cichlids are somewhat peaceful, but are they peaceful amongst one another? Are these other fish compatible? Or am i going in a way wrong direction? I tried to pick fish that were fairly small, slower moving, warm water(82 ish) fish. But the voice of experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I would not do shrimp, they will be very exspensive snacks! That is a LOT of gourami in the tanks, you know they can sometimes bully and fight? I would pick 1 gourami type and then plant the heck out of it. Are you sure that is a good temperature for all of them? That sounds a little high.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I do't think it's a bad mix in that size tank. The largest will be the honeys at about 2", and they are also pretty shy. Give everything some plants to hide in and some caves for the Rams. I would think you would be good. In fact, a 75 might look understocked with all those little fish. I'd double the number of rasboras and blue eyes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.