The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently started an iwagumi-ish style 60P tank and the plants are finally taken hold and I have begun stocking fish in the tank looking for some feedback. Planning for a peaceful community tank. So far I've stocked:

2 corydoras venezuelanus (my favorite so far, love the orange color and how much they move around the tank)

2 otos

6 neon tetras

2 nerite snails

How many more fish could I put in without overstocking the tank? Any suggestions of what else to add?

Thanks,

G.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello I to have a 60p and now is heavily planted and depending on your filter you can keep lot more. I recommend at least 5 oto they are schooling fish and does better in packs.
in my tank there is

5 lamb chop
2 scarlet badis
12 green neon
6 oto
6 assassin
2 nerite
tons of ram snails =(
50-80 shrimps
6 Amano

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking tank! Here's what mine looks like right now. I'm just taking it slowly with the stocking but do plan to add more fish shortly. Thanks for the advice with the otos, will definitely add at least a couple more. How do you like the lambchop rasboras?

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
I first got the lamb chops before the neon tetras but wanted neons for more color to the tank. I kinda regret getting more neon, the neon would only group together and hide and not swim around much until its feeding time. The lamb chops on the other hand love to swim back and fourth and have a lot of energy they also school better compared to the tetra. If I get to do it again I would only just get the lamp chops and skip the tetras.

Your tank looks good I actually started out like yours but slower took out the rocks and the tank became dutch lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good advise Nel. But do you think I can add 5 more otos and 5 more Corys without overcrowding? The only other species I have been considering are mosquito rasboras. Any experience with those?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.