The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna try somewhat of a hillstream/planted hybrid tank in my 40 long.
Gonna have moderate water flow from a hob filter but not too much.
Temperature would be coolish from 73-76, My ph is around 6.5-7

Stocklist is
8x danio kyathit
8x cherry barb
8x dwarf neon rainbowfish
8x sewellia lineolata
6x rhinogobius rubromaculatus (might need to track these down)

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
614 Posts
Nice, Should be pretty flashy. stripped blue and yellow, nice red, some more blue(might have stripes, IDK) and then some of the more interesting cleaners. Just kinda seeing the colors in my head.

But those are all active and will look great swimming down the length of that 33L. or 40L, whatever it is.

I lowered the levels of water to 50% or less in my 75, the gourami in there loved it, so I bought and made a 33L Gourami tank. It does have a leftover Molly that is a freaking cockroach, thing just keeps trucking no matter where she is. And I had a couple BN plecos but they died for some reason. Had a few great days on one and a couple great weeks with the other but they both stopped eating it seemed like. Do they not like otos? I put in a few otos to help the baby BNs but now I just have the 3 otos. kinda sad and haven't decided if I want to find another BN or just a few more otos...

This is the tank. But there are more of everything. Found some female dwarf Gourami for the 3 males I had. aslo added more plants, both planted and floating as well as a couple bamboo I found at a garage sale and more pothos clippings. the other gourami are a golden Gourami(male) and a Blue 3 spot (female) and then the 2 male Pearl Gourami and the 4 female gourami, these Pearls where to be the focus of the 75 but they were to timid. So they get to be in a gourami tank.

Also snapped this while doing maintenance I think right after adding the lids so that's why the thermometer is front and center. Dialing in the heater for the lids so I didn't cook my fish.

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
614 Posts
I think I got side tracked going on about my 33L. I was thinking about that HOB filter. I feel like you should get a canister. will get more of that stream feeling. I have the output on my tank actually point at the wall on the right side there. Intake is on the left. This keeps the overall flow good in this tank but there is no real "stream" its just a big thick slow moving water pipe. I did reposition the air in the area of least water movement to keep that spot from getting too stagnate.

I have danios in my 75, they are on top all the time and don't mind the currents in there. I know the hillstream loach likes currents and the rest other than the Goby ( I just don't know about these fish) will also enjoy a moderate+ flow. Just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.