The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know this a common topic to find info about, but I just wanted to double check my future stocking in my new fish tank I'm setting up.

The size of the tank is a bit odd: 26 x 19 x 12 inch. It's around 25g. (if calculated correct from cm and liters) It's a custom made tank to fit my cabinet.
I'm going for a Dutch style aquascape, so mainly a lot of plants and a pretty carpet. It's hooked up with a co2 system and a biomaster 350.

The stocking I have in mind:
  • 1x honey or dwarf gourami(not decided yet)
  • 8x pygmy corydoras
  • 10x amano shrimps
  • and maybe 2 snails or so

What do you think? Would I be overstocking it? Or are there other problems with this mix I could counter that I am maybe overlooking?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
You're fine. Pygmy cories are small as heck, they're almost not there. I have 30 in my 20 long and while they're awesome when you're up close, they're barely visible from afar. To give you some crazy numbers I have 30(?) Amano shrimps in a 5g, and I don't even see everyone of them. Anyway, in short, your stock is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.