The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded my bedside ten gallon to a fifteen, and added soil, and so, i took all my fish out, [added them to my 50 gallon] so im looking for alternative fish i may put in my 15 gallon!
What i have an abundance of is guppies. So. Many. Guppies. So, Maybe id like to slip some guppies in this tank as well, though its not necessary.
I was thinking maybe a center piece, with another group of fish, maybe 8-9. I know its depending on the species, but thats what id like. Maybe two groups of six?
What would you guys do?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
20 ruby tetras. Tiny, tiny fish. Max out at like 0.7 inches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It think it would be fun to have 6 rummy nose tetras and 6 panda cories, sort of an upper and bottom dwelling division with constant movement. Any small tetra and any group of cories would work really, I just kinda like those two. :)

I'm thinking of options to stock my 20g Long right now so I'll be checking in for these ideas myself too. :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
553 Posts
It think it would be fun to have 6 rummy nose tetras and 6 panda cories, sort of an upper and bottom dwelling division with constant movement. Any small tetra and any group of cories would work really, I just kinda like those two. :)

I'm thinking of options to stock my 20g Long right now so I'll be checking in for these ideas myself too. :)

Good luck!
While I love Rummies, I don't know if a 15 long is long enough for them. One of my favorite things is watching my school of rummies going back and forth across my 75 gallon. Not sure of it would be the same with a 15 long.

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
I agree that rummynose and panda need more room than a 15 gallon...

But do you know what would be a great south american themed stock

8 ember tetras
8 corydora hasbrosus
single ram centerpeice

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whoops, forgot to tell you guys my ph kh and gh!
ph: 6.4 kh 2 drops, gh 1 drop.

im not sure i can get pygmy cories around here, though a ram sounds great! though i think they might like a higher ph than mine..=[
regular cories look so huge in my ten gallon, i felt so bad moving them from my 50, i moved em back!
im going to look into embers though, i know ive seen em at me LPS.
Ive been looking around, and theres a few fish i wanted to run by you guys...Danios, otos, possibly a female betta sorority? though that might be a bit high stress for me! i read you can keep kribs in a 15 gal?
Also harlequin rasboras? though im not sure where id get em!

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
You can get pygmy cories in Providence, ( Aqua Life )

Not sure if they got anymore.

i'm going try and make a trip up there during this xmas vacation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.