The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 10 gallon that currently has 3 albino cory cats and a albino bristlenose algae eater that won't grow any bigger than 5 inches. I am looking for another fish to go in the tank to add some more color but I don't really want a betta fish. I am looking for something different. Have any ideas or suggestions of what type of fish can live peacefully in this environment.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The stock right now may be close to max for the bio-load, especially with the bristlenose pleco, which are huge waste producers. If it isn't close to maxed out, depending on what others say, then maybe a small group of rasbora brigittae or celestial pearl danios.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
yeah dont go the pleco, go with Otto's, they are good algea eating fish that have the same appearence as a catfish, also for a 10 gallon you could add a Dwarf Gourami, but youd have to not add a pleco and do just the cory's and the Dwarf Gourami

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
If you didn't have the pleco you could have a lot more fish in there. Or, you could get another pleco of the opposite sex and breed them... Of course, to keep the tank from 'crashing' biologically, you'de have to crank up the water changes to something like 50% weekly...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts