The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am starting to stock my 20 long and wanted some opinions/feedback, I would also love some help with plants I am really hoping for to do a carpet in the front and some tall plants in back

Equipment
aqueon opti bright +
Fluval 206
Flourite substrate
Eheim Jagger

Plants
Glossostigma
Compact sword
jungle val

Fish
3 emerald dwarf rasbora (in tank)
6 glowlight danios (in tank)
3 Apisto Borelli blue
some sort of algae eater

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just started a 20L planted tank. My dwarf baby tears (HC) are doing well in the foreground. They need good light and co2 (as do most carpet plants, it seems). I am obsessed with the alternatha reinecki mini, although mine have not turned deep crimson yet and I hope I can get them to do that. Do you have the plants listed already or is that your plan moving forward?

My only observations so far with my 20L is that it is very low ceiling. So midground plants can really be background plants. And also I would have gotten fewer large leaf swords because they take up a lot of room and light. On the other hand, I am struggling with my rotala and ludwigia stems that I purchased - I learned that for me I'd rather buy submersed plants from a LFS than emersed grown plants online, which take much longer to acclimate to a submersed environment. Mine are almost totally barren of leaves after 3 weeks - I think they are slowly starting to recover and grow. Live and learn.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I think you should increase the number of your schoolers to like 8. So 8 emerald dwarf rasboras, and 8 glowlight danios. For the algae eater, I'd go for a bushynose pleco, or a few otocinclus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts