The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I feel the same way with tanks I've setup.... Where to begin with Flora and Fauna selection?

So it's 34 gallons... what are the measurements of the aquarium? what are your water parameters? what kind of equipment are you using? All of these answers can help the really clever people to offer you great suggestions...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel the same way with tanks I've setup.... Where to begin with Flora and Fauna selection?

So it's 34 gallons... what are the measurements of the aquarium? what are your water parameters? what kind of equipment are you using? All of these answers can help the really clever people to offer you great suggestions...
thank you for the response. It’s dimensions are W36 H42 L92. Im using a fluval 207 external filter. I hope this helps gets some answers. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
There's a lot of possibilities there. It's a 3 foot tank (for us non metric people so that eliminates some of the larger more rambunctious fish like the large rainbows or Dennison's barb. Any idea at all what direction you want to go? Are you looking for ideas for flora, fauna or both?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a lot of possibilities there. It's a 3 foot tank (for us non metric people so that eliminates some of the larger more rambunctious fish like the large rainbows or Dennison's barb. Any idea at all what direction you want to go? Are you looking for ideas for flora, fauna or both?
Okay thank you and just fauna please?

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
A school of cherry barbs and or harlequin rasboras always looks nice in a planted tank. A small school of coryadoras will keep the bottom interesting. Dwarf neon rainbows or pearl gouramis would make a decent centerpiece fish. A lot of the stocking is going to be dependent on your setup. How heavily planted is it? What kind of substrate? CO2? PH? A lot of the South American fish do better with low ph, you want to get fish that are going to be healthy and happy in your setup. A few snails and shrimp will help keep things interesting and maybe a bit cleaner. You'll have to stick with some of the larger aquarium shrimp like Amanos. Dwarf shrimp will severely limit what fish you can keep.
If you do a Google search for "barbs aquarium" and "tetras" and then look at images. When you see something that appeals to you, click on it and read about the care requirements.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with everyone about doing a large school of tetras, barbs, or rasboras. Or even some Japanese ricefish in various colors. I love mystery snails as part of my cleanup crew along with a bunch of corys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.