The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cory sterbai finally decided to lay eggs. Here I've been watching the glass the entire time waiting anxiously. That's not where they picked though. My wife put some hornwort in my tank to get rid of some in her tank. You guessed it, thats where they laid eggs. Theres about 4 eggs that I've been able to find on the hornwort. It's like finding a needle in a hay stack. I wonder if its not the first time they've laid eggs on the hornwort.

·
Registered
56 Posts
First of all, congrats! How long have you had your sterbai's and how old do you think they are? I just picked some up recently.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have read that if you do a waterchange and add enough cooler water to bring the temp in the entire tank about 10 degrees this will induce spawning for cories

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was doing weekly water changes with cooler water and feeding blackworms. No luck. I haven't touched the tank in over two weeks. Maybe that is the key. The sterbai are almost a year old.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. The egg has hatched. And I found more eggs. I now have six other eggs waiting to hatch. Two days and the little guy is eating first bites. I'm so excited. Way too small for pics yet.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Update. The egg has hatched. And I found more eggs. I now have six other eggs waiting to hatch. Two days and the little guy is eating first bites. I'm so excited. Way too small for pics yet.
that is crazy!! ....never manage to get any of my coryes to breed...

i seen two alibino go up and down teh front side glass ..thinking to myself if that was a breeding ritual ro something....the other one seems to follow the other's butt or something.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It took me a year of patience but it paid off. I feed them black worms religiously and did cool water changes. My wife put some hornwort in the tank and that's what they liked. Go figure. And I haven't changed the tank water in at least 3 weeks. I am crazy busy this time of year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts