The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with a Spec 2 have any stem plants growing under the standard led light? I tried water wisteria and anacharis before, but they didn't work out. I'm wondering if a slower growing stem plant like rotala might work. I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have Ludwigia repens in mind. Just about all the leaves fell off at first, but new ones came back and it looks great. I also have Cabomba. The plant that is doing the best is Hydrocotyle sp. 'Japan'.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Ludwigia repens in mind. Just about all the leaves fell off at first, but new ones came back and it looks great. I also have Cabomba. The plant that is doing the best is Hydrocotyle sp. 'Japan'.
Thanks. I'm going to be getting some Ludwigia repens next month, so I'll try that out. Thanks for the other recommendations as well.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I tend to think the most important part of growing plants is the use of fertilization. You will have a lot more success if you just feed the plants.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tend to think the most important part of growing plants is the use of fertilization. You will have a lot more success if you just feed the plants.
Definitely looking into that too. I just don't know how safe it is to use fert tabs in such a small tank. I have the flourish tabs, but they seem to be a bit much. I probably could do a modified EI dosing program with Excel. That would probably help the plants as well. I just don't want to do anything to kill my shrimp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts