The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a problem about my stem plants growing straight up they are all learning to the sides except for my creepy jenny. Another problem i am having with some of my stem plants is that they aren't growing roots as fast as some of the other stem plants. Do some stem plants grow roots slower after they are trimmed

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
There are lots of stem plants that grow at a slight angle. They tend to grow towards where the light is most intense, I believe.

Every type of plant has its own growth rate based on the specific conditions. Some tend to not grow roots well, while some tend to send off lots of roots. It's quite variable IME.

However, it doesn't really matter, as the plants can get the nutrients from roots and from the water column. As long as they grow and are healthy, it's nothing to worry about. If the concern is keeping them in the substrate, you can use something like plant weights to help keep them down

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
tilted growth: they grow toward the brightest light. most people have their light in the middle of the tank, so the stems lean forward (which actuall looks better by hiding the uglier bottom growth).

roots: some plants grew faster then others. this reffers to all growth, including roots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts