The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever experienced a melting condition with Staurogyne sp 'Porto Velho' ? I had a decent sized planting of it in my tank and it was doing great, spreading all over the place, pearling etc. Then all of a sudden it melted, like crypts do when changing from one tank to another. Its starting to come back now, but Im clueless as to why it did it to begin with. Nothing changed within the tank. Dosing, water changes, critters, lighting, CO2 all the same.

Just curious if anyone else had ever had a similar experience with this plant? Ive never heard of it happening with Staurogyne sp 'Porto Velho' before.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
I kept a nice mat of this stuff in my tank a while back and it took a L O N G time to acclimate. I was about to give up on it on several occasions. Take a look at the earlier stages of my 120-P journal in my sig and you'll see pics of how it progressed.

Just give it some time. :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See, thats the thing. It had already acclimated and was doing great. I was actually planning on trimming it and selling some soon because it was threatening to take over the tank. Then whamo--it started to die off. Maybe it got mad when it heard I was gonna sell it. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.