The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I neglected my 90 gallon due to school and work and had to shut it down.

I am planning to start it up again in the next couple weeks. The tank previously had T5HO hagen glo dual bulbs. and a finnex 48" fugeray planted+. This combo did great but didn't look right with a bulky T5 and a slim LED fixture together. I just got a Ray2 48" and a beamswork 48" for a good price on my local fish forums.

Question is should I use all 3 LED fixtures together? would that be too much light? or just the ray2 and planted+. The lights will sit on top of the tank with the legs they come with. My concern is if the ray2 can perform as good as the hagen glo dual bulb fixture.

Not the most recent pics when it was running but good enough.

I am planning to go for a dutch scape this time. Instead of DHG carpet im going montecarlo and a bunch of different stem plants.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Decided I will use the finnex ray2 alone to start the tank off. Should be good medium light. I will blast the Co2 and dose E.I. for a safe start until i get more high light demanding plants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.