The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Took a break from the fresh side of the hobby for about 5 years now. I have been keeping a reef, but I miss my plants! I was shopping for lights and things have changed - I don't recognize any of the brands on the market. I have a couple of GLO brand t5ho lights I can use to get started - but was looking for maybe a quad bulb fixture. I have an ATI Sunpower on my reef, but using one of those is a little more than I want to spend on my planted tank.

Any suggestions? Tank will probably be a standard 75 gallon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was gonna say go for ATI... Cuz all other fixtures are same to me. They are all pretty narrow( the bulbs are too close together). I think if you like your GLO, pickup another dual bulb?
I unfortunately can't seem to find the GLO lights, mine are a bit worse for wear but should get me through until I pick something up. When I left the freshwater side of the hobby LEDs weren't quite there yet. Are people using LEDs successfully now?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes...moreso than reefers...;)
Funny! That is great to hear though.

Check out the Fluval fresh/plant 2.0 LED it is very well made and you can turn it to low light or high light it is german made it's a good light

Thanks, this one I was actually looking at. Here in Canada they are expensive. The guy I was going to buy it from told me that it wouldn't put out as much light as my double t5ho, but as long as it's not going to limit me in my plant selections I don't mind.

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
The guy I was going to buy it from told me that it wouldn't put out as much light as my double t5ho
somewhat arguable. See the charts:

Beats many 2 tube t5's and ties a few.. Few beat it in a statistically sig. manner....

Visually is a bit of a different story..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.