The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 gal. bowfront tank that has been up and running for about 6 mos. now. I have somewhat randomly put plants in the tank along with 2 pieces of driftwood. Now that I've seen examples of aquascaping I've decided my tank looks like crap! So...I'd like to pull it all out and start over. Question is, will I hurt my existing plants by pulling them out and replanting them? Also, another question...a couple of plants I received came in pots. I just kept them in the pots and planted in the substrate. Is that the right thing to do, or should I remove from the pots and then plant in the substrate?

Thanks from this newbie!

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can pull the plants and replant them, as long as they are put in some aquarium water and don't stay out of the tank for too long. You need to take the plants out of the pots. Remove the pot and the material around the roots and plant them in the substrate. Make sure you read up on the requirements for keeping live plants to make sure you can keep them alive with whatever light/nutrients you're using.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.