The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, not to long ago I got rid of everything in my 30 gallon (A whole lot of plants and all stock).

See, the last time I had a planted tank, there was soooooo much algae, it was unreal.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Either A. Cut back light or B. Go pressurized c02. Those are the root causes of algae. 99% of the time.. also invest in dry ferts.. a pooop ton cheaper then liquid ferts and u can dose more appropriately to what ur tank needs with out destroying the wallet.

Balanced light c02 and ferts and ull never see algae..

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
not much you can go the cheaper route but it will only be cheaper for a few months, paintball co2 is a cheap way to start up there is a thread in the diy section that shows what you need, otherwise you can expect to pay $200-$300 for a high quality system tank included which in the long run is cheaper because of filling co2 tanks. otherwise paintball co2 isnt a bad way to go, much cheaper than yeast after a while. raise your lights 5 inches, hang them if possible, that was more than likely your algae problem's cause

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.