The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Does anyone plan on watching the new Stargate Universe series?
i dont have high hopes.... star trek did this already.... it was called voyager....
Is it a whole new series? I thought it was just one episode... my hubby is the Stargate Junkie though LOL
yea all new series trying to go with a younger hipper show for the re-branded syfy station. it seems now the shows they have are the same o same o that other stations have but with a little scifi twist.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am new to the sci-fi world and have not seen any star trek...(yet?)

it seems now the shows they have are the same o same o that other stations have but with a little scifi twist.
I agree with this and I think that it will make SG-universe better. They say it is supposed to be character driven.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I may watch the first episode and see how it goes...I loved the original, I have it all on DVD. It wasn't so good in the last couple of seasons though, I stopped watching after characters started getting replaced. I didn't like Atlantis at all.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Same, I loved SG1. This has my interest to an extent, though mainly just because it's in the stargate theme =x.

But it's definitely growing on me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was rather unimpressed by tonight's episode. It certainly doesn't have the same production quality as SG1. SG1 had such great story lines and theories that actually believable (wild imagination) and so far "Universe" seems to have shown very little of that same quality. They even featured a "ghost/apparition" in tonight's episode. Very cliche, not what I would have expected from the show that was to be a follow up to SG1.

I will definitely give it a fair shot, though. I am also considering Flash Forward on ABC as a reasonable show to get caught up in. Of course I will go back to Lost once it comes back for it's final season. I'm a Lost junkie at heart.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Wow... I have the complete opposite take as Devin does. The previous two stargate series to me were far from believable, corny, poor continiuty in the story line, at times silly...

This new stargate series seems to be modeled more after Battlestar galactica, more realistic, more adult level, more character driven, more drama, much more serious. A little too serious. Even the music is much more serious

I thought the first hour was interesting, and the second hour I almost fell a sleep. Still, I am interested to see how it develops. Its hard to believe its put out by the same people as the other Stargates. When they have the creatures dressed in little teddy bear suits I will turn it off.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, what can I say, I'm even a sucker for all of Michio Kaku's theories. Time travel, teleportation, etc... I like the farfetched haha.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I love SG1 and Atlantis. I love the original movie with Kurt Russell and the follow up movies from SG1/Atlantis.

It is too early to tell, but I think I am going to love SG Universe. It is slow starting, but it looks extremely promising.

I have to agree - this seems to be more galactica-like.

I am a huge sci-fi buff and there is little in the way of satisfaction on TV so I will tend to latch on, even if it ends up sucking.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like SGU so far and will keep watching it for now. I was a big fan of SG1 and have all 10 seasons on DVD as well SG Continuum. I watched SGA when it first came on but stopped after the first couple of seasons.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts