The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've had a job now for a ~2 months and am looking to start a new tank(5-15Gallons)

And I have an idea that involves everyone buying the SAME exact tank somewhere between 5 to 15 gallons and showing off their talents. But everyone must buy the same tank, ie. AGA 10g, ADA Mini m, Tetra aqua art wonders 6g, ....etc. but everyone must get the same tank and do their own thing with it and post their setup:

Name of tank: ...
Light: ...and cost
Substrate:... and $
Plants: ... $
CO2: ...$
Fish/Shrimp: ...$
and so on...

Similar to a what a member did on here with two other friends, they all started out with the same tank and did their own thing with it... Only if i can find the thread.
Anyone interested??

·
Super Moderator
12,058 Posts
It is a good idea, but it may be difficult for some members to aquire certain types of tanks (i.e. ADA tanks are nice, but may be a bit harder to acquire for some; the same can be said for substrate, lights, etc).

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
So almost like a contest?
Similar to a what a member did on here with two other friends, they all started out with the same tank and did their own thing with it... Only if i can find the thread.
Anyone interested??
You are probably talking about kayen's tank.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
I've heard of people doing this with 2.5 gallons, I think that would be an excellent challenge because it could be really cheap to set up.

Tank: AGA 2.5 gallon
Light: IDK, a clamp desklamp maybe? 15W CFL
Substrate: 3L of aquasoil
Plants: maybe the equivilant of 20$ worth of plants or somthing
CO2: DIY would be relatively easy on such a tiny tank.
Filter: everyone gets a red sea nano, lol
Fish/shrimp would probably be irrelevant.

you could also probably have a scaping budget, say you can only spend 20$ or the equivilant on hardscape (rocks and sticks).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So almost like a contest?
Yes, except no prize!! and no budget
Only the Same tank has to be used by everyone. You get to pick your components and spend what ever you want to on them, then you post what/how you have it set up IE:
my tank name: Batman
Light: ADA solar s Price:...
Substrate: AmazoniaII
Pics

and then another person
Tank name:Robin
Light: Hampton bay 27w Price:$Mr jackson
Substrate: pool filter sand
pics

This is mainly an idea for people to show off their talents and to show that it dosen't matter what tank you have, it is how you set it up and take care of it, and I want to SEE other peoples ideas through the tanks, not just read about them in the forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts