The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you buy a tank/stand/hood combo, is the light fixture normally a T12? I ask because I plan on adding more light to my 29g and wanted to utilize the fixture that came with the hood. Looking for aquatic grow bulbs and in my LFS all i see for that is T12s and nobody there can answer this question...

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Smaller tanks usually have T8 or smaller bulbs in the stock fixture. At least that is what I have noticed. But, tanks sold as reef tanks will have brighter lights in the stock fixture. I agree with Twimbo - it isn't hard to find the answer thanks to St. Google.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is true. I always google first. the only problem in, the fixture has no lables.... Just whats on the bulb. "Agua-Glo 24"/58.98cm 20watt" All I sa was results for T12s, T8s and T5 HOs and I know for sure it's not a HO. It's a 6 year old Hand-me-down... I saw 24" 20watt plant bulbs at petco but I don't want to start a fire and the folks there couldn't answer. Even after I brought the fixture with me. Do you think it's safe for me to try? Thanks for the replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts