The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build a new stand, currently have only built one myself for a little 30L cube, it’s fine but it’s tall so it can wobble if I try.

I also have a 120L tank which has 2 musk turtles in on a separate cabinet.

I’m quite confident in building a stand for both, but just have a few concerns, one being would there be any issue with let’s say the stand is 5 foot in length, 3 foot of that would be the turtle tank, and then on the far end there only being a 30L cube, I’m sure it’ll be fine.

I’d like to go for maybe 6 feet in length, with two extra supports in the centre, so 4 including the sides 1.5 feet apart.

Any input in building large stands would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you are going for functional, instead of pretty.. Then I'd just do cinder blocks with 2 by 4s on top. 3 sets of blocks, to desired height. all depends on your front to back dimension. at 6 feet long I'd have a column of cinder blocks in center as well as on each end. I currently have a 75 gallon, 2 55s with this set up on each. The 55s only have a cinder block column at each end. The 75 has a center support.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looking to build a new stand, currently have only built one myself for a little 30L cube, it’s fine but it’s tall so it can wobble if I try.

I also have a 120L tank which has 2 musk turtles in on a separate cabinet.

I’m quite confident in building a stand for both, but just have a few concerns, one being would there be any issue with let’s say the stand is 5 foot in length, 3 foot of that would be the turtle tank, and then on the far end there only being a 30L cube, I’m sure it’ll be fine.

I’d like to go for maybe 6 feet in length, with two extra supports in the centre, so 4 including the sides 1.5 feet apart.

Any input in building large stands would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King of DiY Builds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.