The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can buy individual stainless steel lily pipes as opposed to a set? I have an Eheim Classic 150 canister filter in which the inflow pipe is 16/22 mm and the outflow is 12/16 mm. All of the lily pipe sets I see online are only one size. I don't want to have to buy two sets just to get what is needed to match the tubing for my filter. Thanks

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy individual stainless steel lily pipes as opposed to a set? I have an Eheim Classic 150 canister filter in which the inflow pipe is 16/22 mm and the outflow is 12/16 mm. All of the lily pipe sets I see online are only one size. I don't want to have to buy two sets just to get what is needed to match the tubing for my filter. Thanks
There are sets available that will have the 16/22 and 12/16 sizes mixed. But they can be hard to find. Same with individual pipes. After much searching I did find a vendor doing this when I was building out my newt tank. They were on e bay and even while going through this process months ago they stopped selling. It seemed like a thing that came and went (probably based on excess stock) so that is where I'd suggest looking for either individual pipes or ones with different sizes.

That said, there is nothing wrong with having a larger outflow pipe. It won't affect the amount of water coming out negatively.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are sets available that will have the 16/22 and 12/16 sizes mixed. But they can be hard to find. Same with individual pipes. After much searching I did find a vendor doing this when I was building out my newt tank. They were on e bay and even while going through this process months ago they stopped selling. It seemed like a thing that came and went (probably based on excess stock) so that is where I'd suggest looking for either individual pipes or ones with different sizes.

That said, there is nothing wrong with having a larger outflow pipe. It won't affect the amount of water coming out negatively.
I would be happy to have a larger outflow pipe, but the issue is that the tubing coming out of the filter is 12/16. Unless there is an adapter someone knows of…

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I would be happy to have a larger outflow pipe, but the issue is that the tubing coming out of the filter is 12/16. Unless there is an adapter someone knows of…
There are many adapters. You are just looking for a 1/2 to 5/8 adapter. Personally if it were me, I would just heat up the tube a bit with some hot water or a heat gun and stick it on. A 1/2" tube will definitely fit over a 5/8" lily pipe. But if you want to put in adapter and some new tubing it can certainly be done. Anyway here is one option for adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts