The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
By the time you purchase a stainless steel cylinder and regulator my hunch is it would be cheaper to just buy a cylinder of CO2 and a regulator. My hunch is that refilling the CO2 cylinder will cost you less than what you would spent on citric acid and baking soda for a corresponding amount of CO2.

I can see how a PEP bottle with baking soda and citric acid would make sense to try out CO2 injection to see if it works for you and your setup but long term I bet a cylinder of CO2 is a better more economical way to go?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original reason why I was thinking of this is because I didn't have a car to transport a filled CO2 tank. Now that you mentioned it I just looked up the dimensions of a 5lb tank and it's a lot smaller than I imagined and I might be able to transport it on the subway/an Uber. 🤔

·
Registered
414 Posts
The original reason why I was thinking of this is because I didn't have a car to transport a filled CO2 tank. Now that you mentioned it I just looked up the dimensions of a 5lb tank and it's a lot smaller than I imagined and I might be able to transport it on the subway/an Uber. 🤔
The 5lb tanks are kind of heavy but can be carried pretty easily. I usually carry 2 at a time. They also store a LOT of CO2 so they last quite a long time... for me at least. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got one, and is running it for both my 10 gal (neo diffuser) and 15 gal (c02 reactor attached to filter pump)

its not bad running costs about 3 bucks, for about 2 weeks worth of juice (i use baking soda vinigar)
i get the pressure up but, i find it slowly slows down to a crawl over 30 mins- 1 hr, the pressure still stays but the bubble counter slows down, i suspect a dirty valve or something on my end, as i bought it on craigslist 2nd hand.
maybe some one can help me? xD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts