The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a trial of h2o2 spot dosing on a patch of heavily staghorn infested driftwood and the algae turned pink in about 6-7 hours.

I think the algae is dying and that’s why the color is changing. The Otos and the amanos are yet to clean this off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did a trial of h2o2 spot dosing on a patch of heavily staghorn infested driftwood and the algae turned pink in about 6-7 hours.

I think the algae is dying and that’s why the color is changing. The Otos and the amanos are yet to clean this off.

I too have started getting some, i did spot with excel and next day h2o2 then next day 80%wc. SAE might eat them, planning to get 1.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes they turned white and the shrimps started picking on it.

Unfortunately I lost 3-4 Gertrude rainbows in the same time. They were also recently added. Not sure if it was related.

I did a water change after the spot dosing though. All the other shrimps and fishes are doing fine.

Losing the gertrudes was painful though. RIP.

White in the foreground which the shrimps are picking and pink in the background which will turn white in a day/2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.