The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to confirm something regarding SSS grade shrimps
If it is a SSS grade shrimps ... is that mean it will not has any red on its body except for the head part ???

I ordered some SSS grade from someone in this forum .. and the shrimps have a red dot toward the tail ... and some of them even have red dots on its back as well ... A few of them actually all white ..

so if the shrimp has any red dot at all on the back or toward the tail .. it is not considered as a SSS anymore right ??

Pliz advise

Thanks

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I just checked other sites regarding grading scale ....
so a red dot near the all white tail is still an SSS
but red dot anywhere along its back is a NO NO for SSS eventhough the tail ia ALL WHITE right ????

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
ok I just checked other sites regarding grading scale ....
so a red dot near the all white tail is still an SSS
but red dot anywhere along its back is a NO NO for SSS eventhough the tail ia ALL WHITE right ????
correct. it can have a spot on the tail, and the red on its head and the rest all white to be an SSS, if it has a spot midway down its back towards the tail its immediately an SS/SS+

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, sss can have small red dots, but they're small, not large like an ss+
so with tiny red dots still consisder a SSS grade ???
it just not a good SSS grade but still a SSS grade ???

I need to clarify on this b/c I ordered some SSS grade shrimps for my co-workers and they kept telling me the shrimps received r not SSS grade ... My MYTOUCH phone can take picture but I dunno how to get it to post in here so I cant explain the dot on the shrimps ...

But there r some that r really nice solid white through out the body except red in the head and look very very nice ... but only a few out of the whole batch of shrimps ... and we r kinda fighting over those shrimps now ...

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
correct. it can have a spot on the tail, and the red on its head and the rest all white to be an SSS, if it has a spot midway down its back towards the tail its immediately an SS/SS+

see if this is the case then .. these shrimps r not SSS .. b/c even just out of the box, i can still see the red dot on its middle back ....

·
Registered
536 Posts
SSS will have red head, a lot of times a small red dot right before the tail, but all white where the "hinomaru" would be on the S-SS. i think the debate here is in the 'hinomarú' area, and on a SSS it should be all whitẹ

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I received some that are like that and some has a little red dot in between the head and the tail ... but now I know what the SSS should be ... Thanks everyone for all the help.

I will try to get a camera for some picture soon ... my planted tank is doing very well ....

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
i have a shrimp that was purchased at an LFS. it was the last one out of 50 or so. according to the grading chart, it seems high on the chart. everyone bought the red / white shrimp first. I bought him bc he was alone! I think the red / white shrimp look pretty cool!

here he is.. the pic stinks.. sorry

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
would this guy be consisdered as a SSS grade ?

i have a shrimp that was purchased at an LFS. it was the last one out of 50 or so. according to the grading chart, it seems high on the chart. everyone bought the red / white shrimp first. I bought him bc he was alone! I think the red / white shrimp look pretty cool!

here he is.. the pic stinks.. sorry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.